The recording of our conversation is now available.
Watch it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TH_r2V916Ior view the recording below. PS – While you’re there, help us out and hit the like and subscribe button 😉
- Gyasi Burks-Abbott: LEND Program faculty, writer, public speaker, autism self-advocate serving on boards, committees, and commissions of several autism and disability organizations.
- Firdosa Hassan: Pharmacist, immigrated from Somalia, Boston representative for Muhsen.org for Muslim outreach, and mother of a daughter with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Lesa Antoine: Librarian, Family Leadership Graduate, Charting the LifeCourse Ambasador, immigrant single mother of a daughter with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Lisa A Sims: MassFamilies board member, Charting the LifeCourse Ambassador, Supported Decision Making advocate, single mother of an adult son with disabilities with her own disability challenges.
- Paloma Fernandes: Neurodivergent, Cabo Verdean, disabled, Social Worker, LSWA, MassFamilies board member, Charting the LifeCourse Ambassador, and mother to neurodivergent children.
- Phelicha Berdet, Health and Disability Linkage Coordinator at DPH
- Jevon Okundaye, Author, Self-Advocate, & MAC Fellow
- Lia Okundaye, Sibling & Mental Health Advocate
We’d like to thank everyone who logged on, our panelists, moderators, and co-hosts, The Arc of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council, for making this a successful event!
Sign up for our mailing list to find out when MassFamilies will host future conversations and events.