THIS JUST IN! There is an opportunity for MassFamilies members to participate in two (2) upcoming virtual public hearings regarding a number of our legislative priorities coming up this week that we thought Mass Families and Allies would want to be aware of.
The Joint Committee on Education is looking for public testimony on the bills listed below.
We are hoping that MassFamilies could have a few of its members testify on one if not all of these bills. If you have an interest, please let us know. You can help create system change for families in Massachusetts. Our moment is now! Nothing about us without us!
Please see below for the details!
POLICY HEARING NOTIFICATION #1
HB477: An Act addressing the inequitable impact of the pandemic on Black and Latinx individuals with autism
The Joint Committee on COVID-19 and Emergency Preparedness and Management has scheduled a virtual hearing for Wednesday, June 30th, starting at 10:00am for bill HB477, An Act addressing the inequitable impact of the pandemic on Black and Latinx individuals with autism.
- Members of the public are invited to participate in this virtual hearing via written or oral testimony. Written testimony is preferred and may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include the bill number and “Testimony” within the subject of the email.
- Registration is REQUIRED for those who wishing to present oral testimony during the live virtual hearing. To complete your registration, please CLICK HERE. The deadline to register is Friday, June 25th at 5:00 PM. Once registered, please monitor your email for further instructions on joining the hearing. Please note that oral remarks are limited to a maximum of 3 minutes per person.
- Please be advised that by signing up to provide testimony, you consent to being recorded by the Committee, and such recording shall be subject to public review.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTIFICATION #2
- HB565: An Act to ensure equitable access to education, including special education services, for all students in Massachusetts.
- HB601: An Act addressing the needs of students with disabilities turning 22 during the COVID-19 emergency
- HB3865: An Act relative to the educational needs of students with disabilities turning 22 during the COVID-19 emergency
The Joint Committee on Education will be holding a virtual public hearing on Tuesday, July 6th, starting at 12:00pm for these three bills.
- To register to testify at the virtual hearing, please follow this link. Registration to present Oral Testimony is required. Please note that the sign-up period will close at12:00 PM on Thursday, July 1st. Late registrants will not be accepted. Once registered, you will receive confirmation that your registration was successful and further instructions on how to participate shortly before the hearing.
- This hearing will be conducted via Microsoft Teams and livestreamed on the Legislature’s website.
- The public is invited to participate in this virtual hearing. Written Electronic Testimony may be submitted via email toAlice.Peisch@mahouse.gov and Jason.Lewis@masenate.gov. Please include “Education Committee Testimony, [Relevant Bill Number]” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL.
- This hearing will be recorded and archived. By registering to submit testimony, you agree to release to the public all information you have included. All written and oral testimony submitted to the Committee is public information provided upon request. The Committee will make reasonable efforts to ensure the email address or other contact information provided will not be published. DO NOT INCLUDE any information you do not intend to make public, such as medical or other personally identifiable information.
- TESTIMONY WILL BE LIMITED TO 3 MINUTES TOTAL. PLEASE ADDRESS ANY BILL ON WHICH YOU PLAN TO TESTIFY WITHIN THE 3 MINUTES IN WHICH YOU ARE CALLED.
- Bills will not be heard in the order in which they appear here; rather, they will be heard in an order determined by the Chairs.
- If you have any questions or technical difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.