- Feb 15 2023
- 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
BLACK HISTORY MONTH: Embracing Intersectionality – A Conversation about Race and Disability
Please join us for a virtual event in honor of Black History Month with a panel discussion led by members of the Black Disability Community. The panel will comprise of both Black self-advocates and family members that support those with disabilities discussing their lived experience.
- Gyasi Burks-Abbott: LEND Program faculty, writer, public speaker, autism self-advocate serving on boards, committees, and commissions of several autism and disability organizations.
- Firdosa Hassan: Pharmacist, immigrated from Somalia, Boston representative for Muhsen.org for Muslim outreach, and mother of a daughter with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Lesa Antoine: Librarian, Family Leadership Graduate, Charting the LifeCourse Ambasador, immigrant single mother of a daughter with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Lisa A Sims: MassFamilies board member, Charting the LifeCourse Ambassador, Supported Decision Making advocate, single mother of an adult son with disabilities with her own disability challenges.
- Paloma Fernandes: Neurodivergent, Cabo Verdean, disabled, Social Worker, LSWA, MassFamilies board member, Charting the LifeCourse Ambassador, and mother to neurodivergent children.
- Phelicha Berdet, Health and Disability Linkage Coordinator at DPH
- Jevon Okundaye, Author, Self-Advocate, & MAC Fellow
- Lia Okundaye, Sibling & Mental Health Advocate
Click the image below to download the flyer to share or print.